Sunday 24 January 2010

A few days off soon = a new pattern or two?

I am nearly at the end of the recent batch of evil, nasty, near-impossible assignments with FAR too much maths in them, and my thoughts have turned to what nice things I can do when I have finished...
Once I get over the inevitable hangover after the last hand-in, and caught up on sleep (oooo... how I have missed it!) I might have a day or two to do something crafty...

I have made mittens and hats and gloves and scarves during the snowy period... now it has all melted, and I am wrapped in all kinds of wool, I think I will make some toys with all the left-overs and oddments (they have started to take over my wardrobe!)

I am thinking, sock puppets? With button eyes ( I seem to have a whole bag of 'spare' buttons from clothes I don't seem to have anymore...)

Or perhaps a Makka Pakka from 'In the night garden' for a 1 year old girl who is a little obsessed... I can only seem to find crochet patterns for the slightly disturbing kid's TV character, and I am utterly shit at crochet! So, watch this space and see how I get on with my rare couple of days chilling out! Lets hope the beer doesn't totally take over...

No comments:

Post a Comment